Thursday, May 31, 2012

each day is new.

It's been well over a year and I am feeling the urge to begin my journalling/blogging again! I find it so interesting to look over the posts of the past and to see that there really is nothing new under the sun! There are so many things that I could say right now that would just be a repeat of previous posts. However, I find something cathartic about writing down my thoughts and allowing the time of reflection to bring about change and healing... beauty for ashes as my Papa says...
Today is the first day of my journey... as will tomorrow be the first day... and the next and the next - afterall, each day is a new day with troubles of its own... each day I need to start fresh toward becoming the woman that God wants me to be... the last year I have been selfish, I have struggled with my weight and my thyroid, I have struggled to be the woman that God has called me to be and I have rebelled against the discipline that he has wanted to bring... but no more. It is time to surrender to the transformation both on the outside and more importantly on the inside. I long to be who I was created to be... I long to be the child of God that runs toward him with a heart abandoned.. the wife who is counted toward her husband as a blessing, and the friend that always leads people closer to the arms of Jesus... and so if I can make it through one day - I will start the next with the same requests of today... Lord, may I know you? Please reveal yourself to me more and more each day...

No comments:

Post a Comment